Chambers is recognised for the provision of specialist advice and representation concerning a wide variety of business crime and regulation.
In addition to our specialist areas of practice in health and safety offences, environmental crime and corporate financial crime, our advocates advise organisations and officials on many forms of commercial regulation, and potential prosecution, over sectors including healthcare, social care, manufacturing, construction, energy, transport and agriculture.
Members are regularly instructed in prosecutions concerning road traffic, intellectual property, data protection, food standards, animal welfare, trading standards, directors’ duties, employment and misconduct in public office offences.
In addition to appearing in criminal courts throught Scotland, our counsel advise on non-prosecutorial procedures pursued by regulators such as the Care Inspectorate, the Information Commissioner and Food Standards Scotland, including the imposition of civil financial penalties, fixed penalties, compliance notices and enforcement notices, as well as proceedings before the Traffic Commissioner for Scotland and related appeals.
- “a “go-to practice” in Scotland for regulatory crime work” - Chambers UK
- "the chambers of choice for corporate crime and regulatory cases" - Chambers UK
- “Scotland’s leading regulatory stable” - Legal 500
- "the default choice for white-collar crime" - Legal 500
- “the “go-to stable” for the defence in regulatory crime cases” - Legal 500