Friday, June 1st, 2018
Compass Chambers Glasgow Conference 2018
The Conference will take place on Friday 1 June 2018 at 200 SVS (200 St Vincent Street) from 1pm until 5pm and is open to all solicitors, in-house lawyers, trainees and paralegals. Under the Law Society of Scotland's Guidelines, delegates may claim 3 hours of CPD time.
The conference is free to attend, but once again we are asking delegates for a minimum donation of £10 each to our nominated charity for 2018, Social Bite. Donations can be paid on the day or by visiting our JustGiving page.
We will be running both a Civil and a Regulatory Crime programme side-by-side. These are core areas of practice for Compass Chambers' and each programme aims to provide delegates with up-to-date information regarding the most important issues, along with the opportunity to discuss some of the most significant and current developments. Members who specialise in these areas will lead the presentations.
The Conference will start with registration at 1pm and run through until 5pm. A drinks reception and canapes will follow to which all attendees are invited.
Fundamental Dishonesty - Kay Springham QC
Duties of Roads Authorities - Robert Milligan QC
Cops and Robbers - recent developments in (1) claims against the emergency services and (2) the ex turpi causa defence - Steve Laing
Expenses Case Update - Ian MacKay QC
Regulatory Crime Programme
Criminal Finances Act 2017 - Clare Connelly
The roof, the whole roof and nothing but the roof - the prosecution of property misdescription - Murdo Macleod QC
The Bribery Act 2010 and the self-reporting regime: to report or not to report, that is the question! - Peter Gray QC
Enforcement Notice Appeals post Chevron - Barry Smith
Data Protection Matters - Susan Duff
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0131 260 5696, specifying your preferred programme.
- Compass Chambers Public Inquiries Webinar
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - The Care Home Blame Game - Whose Fault Is It Anyway?
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - Vicarious Liability - Working in a Covid-19 Climate
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - Public Inquiries and FAIs in the Covid-19 era
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - Causation and Covid-19
- Webinar - The Cumberlege Review: Potential Consequences for Product Liability in Scotland