Thursday, March 10th, 2016
Compass Chambers Aberdeen Conference 2016
Compass Chambers is delighted to invite you to attend our Annual Aberdeen Conference.
The Conference will take place on Thursday 10th March 2016 at The Society of Advocates in Aberdeen, from 1pm until 5pm. Under the Law Society of Scotland's Guidelines, delegates may claim 3 hours of CPD time. The conference is FREE to attend however this year, for the first time in Aberdeen, we are asking delegates for a minimum donation of £10 each to our nominated charity for 2016, the Child Brain Injury Trust. Donations can be made on the day or by visiting our Virgin Money Giving Page.
The programme provides a comprehensive review of the latest procedural and policy developments in Compass Chambers' core areas of Reparation, Regulatory Crime and Professional Negligence. The Aberdeen Conference aims to provide delegates with up-to-date information regarding the important issues concerning these core areas along with the opportunity to discuss some of the most significant and current developments. Members of Compass Chambers who specialise in these areas will lead the seminars.
The Programme will commence at 1:00pm with registration and a buffet lunch and run until 5:00pm. A drinks reception and canapés will follow to which all conference attendees are invited.
13:00 Registration & Buffet Lunch
13:30 Welcome - Robert Milligan QC
13:45 Fraudulent Claims - Craig Murray
14:30 Fatal Accident Inquiries - Barney Ross
15:15 Coffee Break
15:30 Recent Property Damage Cases - David Sheldon QC
16:15 Fatal Awards - Robert Milligan QC and Yvonne Waugh
16:55 Conclusions and Close - Robert Milligan QC
17:00 Canapes and Refreshments
For further information on this event and to book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0131 260 5696
- Compass Chambers Public Inquiries Webinar
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - The Care Home Blame Game - Whose Fault Is It Anyway?
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - Vicarious Liability - Working in a Covid-19 Climate
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - Public Inquiries and FAIs in the Covid-19 era
- Compass Chambers Covid-19 Webinar Series - Causation and Covid-19
- Webinar - The Cumberlege Review: Potential Consequences for Product Liability in Scotland